Major achievements / Initiatives during last 5 years
Indian Rubber Manufacturers Research Association (IRMRA) an autonomous body under the administrative control of DPIIT, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Govt. of India, New Delhi have accomplished the following achievements during the last 5 years :-
Achievement / Initiatives
1. In collaboration with industry partner, commercialized the tyre sealant technology.
2. Installed Roof Top Solar Panel System of 180Kw and 70 Kw connected to net metering towards Energy conservation initiative at IRMRA’s New Site and Old Site respectively.
3. Extended Training to overseas clients such as Gautemala, USA and Netherland.
4. One year Certificate Course in Rubber Technology have been commenced on 3rd July 2019.
5. IRMRA Director was awarded :-
a) Long service award by ISO TC 45 for his contribution towards international standardization activities
b) UPL Smt. Sandra R Shroff, CHEMCON Distinguished Speaker Award 2019 by Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers.
1. IRMRA celebrated the year 2018 as its Diamond Jubilee Year– 60th year of its foundation and during this various events were conducted. Its 23rd International Rubber Conference was also conducted in Dec. 2018. This conference was attended by eminent academicians from IIT’s, Scientists from various R&D establishments and industry has proved a promising gateway for discussing the future of Manufacturing and Research on Rubber and allied materials.
2. IRMRA has started academic course M.Sc (Industrial Polymer chemistry) in collaboration with Mumbai University, Mumbai.
3. IRMRA started its southern branch in Sricity, Andhra Pradesh in Feb. 2018
4. IRMRA started its eastern branch in SARPOL, Dulagarh, West Bengal in Nov.2018
5. IRMRA Sricity branch obtained NABL accreditation in 2018 for its testing lab.
6. IRMRA extended its facilities for testing of toys and included in NABL scope at Headquarter for fulfilling the need of mandatory testing by Govt. of India.
7. IRMRA has renovated and painted its building under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan during the Diamond Jubilee Year.
1. IRMRA has been notified under Rule 124 of CMVR for Tyre Approval Certificate of Tyres and other rubber components by Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Govt. of India w.e.f. 15th March 2017.
2. IRMRA has secured Business Membership Organisation (BMO) accreditation from Quality Council of India (QCI) and is awarded as Diamond category organization in the year 2017. The categorisation is based on grading obtained in various criteria set upon Governance, Operations, Services and Performance Measurement & Reviews.
3. IRMRA Headquarters upgraded its ISO 9001-2008 QMS certification to ISO 9001-2015 version
4. Extended Training to overseas clients such as Malaysian Rubber Board, Malaysia etc.
1. IRMRA’s well-furnished training facilities attracted National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) for organizing the highly specialized training program in western region and accordingly first Laboratory Assessor training and Proficiency Testing Provider Assessor training courses at IRMRA was conducted in month of September 2016
2. Dr. K. Rajkumar, Director IRMRA and other Project Associates [of Rubber Dam project] received ICAR award from Indian Council of Agricultural Research [ICAR], Ministry of Agriculture, Govt of India towards his contribution in Outstanding Interdisciplinary Research in Agricultural and Allied Sciences from Hon’ble Minister of State, Ministry of Agriculture, Govt of India on 16th July 2016.
1. IRMRA and Confederation of Indian Industry, CII have jointly organized the Conference (ICRC- 2015) on “Empowering the Rubber and Allied Industry through Indigenization, Innovation on Technology, Materials and Processes” on 16-17th December 2015, Mumbai in parallel with Rubber World Expo 2015.
2. IRMRA has got affiliation with Rubber Skill Development Council (RSDC), to render Skill development programme for rubber sector.